When he returned back, he was shocked to see that his vehicle was filled with smoke with the iPhone catching fire and damaged the interior of the auto.
Apple confirmed its awareness of the accident and said that it will be investigating the events that led to the phone's ignition. Apple's largest rival, Samsung, has begun an worldwide recall of 2.5m Galaxy Note 7 devices after more than 100 devices started smoking, sparking, or caught fire.
Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 smartphone gained notoriety after several caught on fire following a catastrophic battery failure, burning cars, homes, and people. And at least so far, there haven't been widespread claims that the iPhone 7, which reached store shelves last month, is overheating and catching fire.
Oklahoma Denies Russia's Request to Monitor Election
Texas has denied a request by Russian Federation to observe how the state conducts the presidential election process in November, local media reported Friday.
An Australian surfing instructor has told 7 News that an iPhone 7 left in a auto caught fire, destroying the vehicle. According to a report, an iPhone 7 had caught fire inside a auto leaving the whole of the vehicle in flames. "Once you unwrapped the trousers, the phone was just melting inside of it". Apple is already investigating the case.
The odd part? Mat had just purchased the phone a week before, and he insists he hadn't dropped it or used a foreign charger: the practices thought to be damaging for iPhones. "All the windows were just black", Jones told Yahoo 7News. "We attribute this to slow iPhone sales in the weeks leading up to the launch of these two new models, as well as a positive reception for the new 7 and 7 Plus models". In Apple's case, there's a single reported iPhone 7 fire.
Apple is aware of the incident and is now investigating, a spokesperson tells Business Insider. "We 're with the customer in touch and we're looking into it", she said.