Memorial Hospital of South Bend in IN is treating nine patients, eight children and one adult. She said a police officer and three other children had already been released.
Officials at Lakeland Hospital confirm a child taken there from the scene of a carbon monoxide leak in Niles has died.
Police Chief Jim Millin says Bryan Douglas Watts of Niles was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Niles authorities said it was too early to know the cause of the carbon monoxide leak, but Wise suspects it could have been from a natural gas heater.
The children were found on the deck at the Quality Inn and Suites in Niles, Mich., on Saturday morning.
The children were discovered unconscious in the indoor pool area of Quality Inn & Suite in Niles.
A total of 12 people from the hotel were taken to the two hospitals, according to the fire department captain.
Top Democrat on House panel says he has seen controversial intel reports
The current and former officials insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the sensitive matters. On Thursday , however, reports surfaced that three White House officials had helped provide the intelligence documents to Nunes.
Firefighters say the apparent cause was carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency responders started CPR on all the children and then rushed them to local hospitals. Six children were found by hotel staff unconscious in the pool area. She had just come from the pool area where she had been with the other six children.
He said the carbon-monoxide reading was 800 parts per million, calling it "an extreme danger level".
ABC 57 says that the hotel has been evacuated and is now being aired out. He expects the carbon monoxide levels were likely more than 1,200 parts per million when the kids were in the pool area.
Officials say they found another girl unresponsive when they cleared the hotel's rooms.
Carbon monoxide, sometimes referred to as "the silent killer", is an odourless, colourless and tasteless gas produced when a fuel is burned.
"At those levels, they don't have much time before they go unresponsive", Wise said.