More than 20 passengers aboard the Mumbai-bound Tejas Express suffered from food poisoning on Sunday, forcing the train to stop at Chiplun railway station, Maharashtra.
A Central Railway official, who did not want to be named, told IANS: "The passengers complained of uneasiness and nausea around 12.10 p.m. after eating the breakfast served to them".
"About 290 passengers were served breakfast". The breakfast menu included an omelette, cutlet, juice, tea and coffee. "The train was stopped out of course at Chiplun railway station and treatment was given to passengers by railway doctor", the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) said in an official statement.
Director Catering services is proceeding to Mumbai to follow up the matter.
Facebook to help investigators release Russia-backed ads
Twitter took down the video, saying a remark Blackburn made about opposing abortion was inflammatory, but later recanted. One member of Congress who viewed the ads said that of about 70 that person had viewed, all of them had racial themes.
Railways have ordered an inquiry into the incidents and food packets served on board have been sent for investigation.
"My son opted for soup in the train after which he complained of stomach pain...." While Rao did not eat anything and so remain unaffected, there were at least three passengers sitting near him who had to be rushed to hospital in Chiplun for medical care. The Taings were returning from a four-day trip in Goa. When contacted by the Deccan Chronicle, IRCTC general manager, Arvind Malkhede claimed that they are not sure if the food served by them can be linked to the suspected food-poisoning incident. Further, our safety officer from Madgaon station was also available today at the Madgaon branch of the licencee J K Ghosh at the time of food preparation. The train was slated to reach Mumbai at 7.45 pm.
They are said to be stable now.
Numerous passengers complained of vomiting and energy loss. "The rest are better now", said Dr Vishnu Madhav of Lifecare.