Warner and Smith were last week suspended from worldwide and domestic cricket for a year, while opening batsman Bancroft was exiled for nine months over the incident during the third Test in South Africa that shocked the sport.
The trio was punished for bringing the game into disrepute during the controversial Cape Town Test against South Africa last month.
"Today I lodged the paperwork with Cricket Australia and will be accepting the sanction handed down", he said. But his tweet implied otherwise, stating how he seeks to atone for his actions and become a "better teammate and role model".
Today's acceptance of fate puts to rest any chance that the three players involved would launch legal appeals against their suspensions; Warner was considered to be the most likely of the three to appeal.
Now in India as the head coach of Delhi Daredevils ahead of the Indian Premier League starting on April 7, Ponting said, "As you know, this is the first time I have actually answered questions on what happened in South Africa".
Warner is banned from all cricket in Australia for 12 months and is expelled from ever holding a leadership position again in Australian cricket.
'I won't be challenging the sanctions.
There had been reports of a possible appeal by the players against the bans but Smith has said on Twitter he will not seek to have the sanction reduced.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson opens up about battle with depression
And when a fan reached out to Johnson and revealed a struggle with depression , Johnson responded, "I hear you". The family had been evicted from their apartment just months before she tried to kill herself.
Smith and Bancroft confirmed on Wednesday that they had accepted the Cricket Australia (CA) sanctions. It's also a good thing for cricket in Australia.
Though he was shocked at the turn of events that unfolded in South Africa after the third Test, he believes that the matter is now coming to an end.
Former Australia global cricketer Rick McCosker will chair the panel which will also include both ex and current players.
But because all three players went no further than take responsibility for their own actions, some critics speculated that there must be concealing the facts or at the very least being insincere. It was 1 game ban on Steve Smith and no sanctions for the other two.
"These are significant penalties for professional cricketers".
The ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town is being seen as much more than just that. There is a sense within the first-class game that Cricket Australia's stance has softened slightly after he showed humility and regret.
"We know the players will return to playing the game they love", Sutherland said, "and in doing so, we hope they rebuild their careers and regain the trust of fans".